DSP Concepts is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable key new product features in products like voice enabled speakers and high-fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are part of the culture here.
We are seeking a DSP Applications engineer to help us write the next chapter of our success story.
The DSP Applications Engineer works with customers to ensure successful deployment, integration, and use of DSP Concepts’ software products including our popular Voice User Interface algorithm suite. The primary responsibilities for DSP Applications Engineer are:
- Supporting customer integration of our Voice UI solutions via engineer-to-engineer interactions on-site, by phone, and in our online forum
- Developing enhancements to our DSP solutions enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems
- Envisioning and developing collateral material to help make our products easier to learn. This includes developing and communicating reference audio processing designs and refining formal product documentation
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing and conducting internal hardware/software tests to ensure the quality of the device before customer delivery
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base.
- Travel to customer sites may be required up to 1 week every 2 months.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Supporting customers in different time zones (Europe and Asia). You may have to adjust your working hours to accommodate
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grow, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel. DSP Concepts offers a full suite of benefits including 401K, dental and medical benefits.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong coding skills in C, Matlab, and Python
- Experience with real-time embedded-software development
- Experience evaluating audio system performance and test methodologies
- Master’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years experience with a focus on embedded SW, audio/acoustics, and DSP theory
- Machine Learning experience a plus
- A creative, continuous learner, with a passion for music/audio and technology
- A strong desire to make a difference; to make your mark on a product and not settle with the status quo
- Ability to work well in a team environment