DSP Concepts is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable products like voice enabled speakers and high-fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are parts of the culture here.
This position is for a Embedded Systems Audio Software Engineer within the DSP Concepts Product Development Group. We design and develop reference designs for voice, voice communications, and speaker processing to showcase the company’s future technology. This position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the integration of our audio framework, AudioWeaver, on embedded platforms. In this role, the Embedded Systems Audio Software Engineer will develop board support packages for different HW platforms and support our customers on their integration efforts.
- Developing board support packages for audio products in various HW platforms
- Work with customers to setup and debug drivers with our BSP code base.
- Improving the current audio software modules enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems.
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing and conducting internal hardware/software tests to ensure the quality of the device before customer delivery.
- Working directly with lead customers on initial technology integration.
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base.
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel. DSP Concepts offers a full suite of benefits including 401K, dental and medical benefits.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded firmware development for Audio applications.
- Firmware development experience on Qualcomm Hexagon processor.
- Android/Linux experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with ARM embedded or application CPUs from NXP, ST or others including use of GCC, Keil, and IAR toolchains a plus.
- Bare metal BSP experience – developing boot loader, file system, and device drivers,
- Familiar with PDM/PCM audio interfaces, USB, serial communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART).
- Familiar with debugging tools – SWD/JTAG, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, serial bus analyzers.
- Experience with reading schematics and new hardware board bring-up.
- Familiar with C/C++ programming for embedded applications.
- Ability to thoroughly communicate issues, benefits, priorities, tradeoffs, and recommended solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing theory
- Familiarity with audio editing tools such as Audacity or Audition.
- MATLAB and Python is a plus.
- Experience with Git and Jenkins.