DSP Concepts is the leading provider of Audio Development Tools and IP for creators of audio-enabled products. Our technologies are used by major Automotive and Consumer OEMs and power over 50 million products worldwide.
This position is for a senior embedded audio software engineer within the DSP Concepts Automotive Group. We help our customers to develop OEM automotive amplifiers, head units, and other similar audio processing products. This position will consist of working as part of a software development team for the integration of our audio framework, Audio Weaver, on embedded platforms. In this role, the senior embedded software engineer will develop board support packages for different platforms, support our customers on their integration efforts with the Audio Framework, Audio Weaver, and create new modules for Audio Weaver.
- The engineer will be responsible to develop example integrations of Audio Weaver based on different HW platforms.
- The engineer will be responsible for developing and optimizing Audio Weaver audio modules for different HW platforms.
- The engineer will be responsible for developing new Audio Weaver audio modules
- The engineer will be responsible for wrapping third party libraries for Audio Weaver.
- The engineer tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Work with global development to support the software development activities.
- Communicate and interface directly to the OEM customers.
- Identifies product requirements or performance issues.
- Work with external teams as necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Communicate with peers inside DSP Concepts to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3 year of professional experience in embedded systems.
- 3+ years of C or other structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience using HW accelerators (SIMD, Intrinsics, ...) and optimized C code
- Understanding of underlying processor architectures.
- Working knowledge of audio interface protocols.
- Experience writing low-level audio drivers.
- The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications and verifying functionalities.
- Ability to configure and setup development environments (Build scripts, make, …). ∙ Familiarity with bug tracking systems such as JIRA and version control systems such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger's, emulators, compilers, etc.).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and alike for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs and/or port to different platforms.
- Experience with Audio Weaver.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, MOST, ETH, etc.).
- Experience with Linux/ALSA
- Experience with MISRA
- DSP knowledge, experience with DSP SW
- Experienced with project schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in German and English language.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Specific experience with embedded real-time operating systems.
- Experience with Python programming language.