DSP Concepts is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable key new product features in products like voice enabled speakers and high-fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are part of the culture here.
We are seeking an Senior Software Application Engineer to help us write the next chapter of our success story.
- Supporting customer integration of our Audio Weaver and Voice UI solutions via direct engineer-to-engineer interaction
- Developing enhancements to our solutions enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems
- Envisioning and developing collateral material to help make our products easier to learn. This includes developing and communicating reference audio processing designs and refining formal product documentation
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria, and other such duties as may be assigned to you
- Designing and conducting internal hardware/software tests to ensure the quality of the device before customer delivery
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base.
- Travel to customer sites may be required up to 1 week every 2 months.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Supporting customers in different time zones (Europe and Asia). You may have to adjust your working hours to accommodate
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel. DSP Concepts offers a full suite of benefits including 401K, dental and medical benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in bare metal firmware development on Microcontroller and Digital Signal Processor, such as Arm Cotex-M series and Cadence Hifi series.
- Familiar with RTOS
- Proficient in C/C++ programming.
- Linux/Android experience a plus
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Ability to clearly communicate issues, benefits, priorities, tradeoffs and recommended solutions to customers and managers
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, Matlab, and Python a plus
- Experience with reading schematics, using test equipment such as scopes and meters, board bring-up, audio system drivers a plus
- Ability to travel to customer sites in Asia and Europe.