DSP Concepts is a leading provider of audio signal processing technology for a broad range of product areas. Our technologies enable key new product features in products like voice-enabled speakers and high-fidelity car audio systems. Through our Audio Weaver suite of software products and our extensive library of audio signal processing algorithms, we enable our customers to quickly develop, integrate, and deploy advanced audio features into new products.
DSP Concepts fosters a creative, challenging, and supportive work environment with a focus on professional growth. Teamwork, technical acumen, customer interaction and strong communication are integral parts of our company culture.
This position with DSP Concepts is within the System Test Engineering team. The primary focus of this role is to support testing of audio and voice technologies.
This role involves cross-functional interaction with various stakeholders in the company and will include the following responsibilities
- Coordinate with Test and Development Engineers to setup labs in support of testing needs.
- Execute automated testing.
- Maintain lab spaces, equipment, and reference design inventory.
- Assist with creation of POCs, mock-ups, and reference design kits.
- Perform modification/re-work to existing PCB’s and perform general soldering tasks to include building of custom cables and harnesses.
- Assist with build-out of new labs/test environments, under guidance from Senior Engineers.
- Document set-ups and procedures, and review/augment existing documentation.
Beyond these responsibilities, you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate.
This position is based in our Santa Clara, CA office and will require occasional domestic or international travel
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience in an Audio/Embedded Systems/Semiconductor company.
- Familiarity with Matlab and scripting languages, such as Python, is extremely desirable.
- Flexibility with work hours, as some tasks (including certain testing) will have to be performed outside of normal business hours.
- General understanding of audio concepts, terminology, and equipment.
- Ability to perform general contracting/physical labor tasks and safely lift equipment weighing 25-30 lb.
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.