Table of Contents
Scope of This Policy
European Union Residents
If you are a resident of the European Union, then, to the extent that the information we collect and use is your personal data, DSP Concepts will process and transfer your personal data when we have an adequate legal basis to do so. This means we collect, use and transfer your personal data where:
- you give us consent to collect, use or transfer the personal data for a specific purpose;
- we need to process your personal data to provide you with our services;
- we need to process your personal data to comply with a legal or contractual obligation; or
- our collection, use or transfer of your personal data satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests).
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. The information practices and the content of such other websites are governed by the privacy policies or statements of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of such other websites to understand their information practices.
Information We May Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We will collect information that you provide to us when you communicate directly with DSP Concepts, for example when you:
- request information or materials about DSP Concepts or our products;
- fill out a form;
- create an account;
- order our products and product-related services;
- request support;
- apply for a job;
- participate in any blogs, forums or any other interactive features; and
- communicate with us via third party social media sites
When communicating with DSP Concepts for the above or any other purposes, the types of information you may voluntarily provide may include:
- first name and surname;
- user name and password;
- mailing address;
- country of residence;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- transaction and payment information, including credit card, billing and delivery information;
- employer name and job title;
- any other information or content necessary to populate your DSP Concepts account; and
- any other information submitted by you when using our website, blogs, forums, products or product-related services
Information We May Collect Automatically; Cookies
Whenever you access, use or interact with our website or products, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information. We may collect information regarding how you access, use or interact with our website or products such as:
- the pages or features you browsed and the time you spent on those pages or features;
- search terms;
- the links that you clicked on;
- event data;
- crash data; and
- other similar technical data and statistics
- Log and Device Information. We may collect information sent by your browser, computer or device such as:
- your IP address;
- your general location;
- the type of browser, computer or device you use;
- technical information about the means of connection to our website (for instance, the operating system, user settings, the internet service provider utilized and other similar information);
- the page that led you to the website; and
- the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to the website
- Web Beacons. We may use web beacons, tags and scripts on our website, or in email or other electronic communications we send to you. These help us deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our third-party service providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
- Local Shared Objects. We may use Local Shared Objects (LSOs) such as HTML 5 to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our website. Third parties with whom we may partner with may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity.
- Advertising Services Provided by Others. We may partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may also use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, device identifiers and other tools to collect information about your use of our website, and other websites and applications, including information such as your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in apps, links clicked and conversion information.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Our website may include social media features and widgets. These features may collect your IP address, record which page you are visiting on our website, and set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
How We May Use Collected Information
We may use the information that we collect or obtain from you to:
- administer, operate and provide you with our website;
- provide you with all DSP Concepts product-related sales support (including processing orders, billings and payments, setting up our services, and advising on account status);
- provide you with technical support;
- provide you with requested information and materials;
- improve our website, products and product-related services, which may include diagnosing problems, developing new features and products, and responding more efficiently to technical support and product-related sales support needs;
- detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies, or applicable laws (such as fraud detection and prevention), or that may threaten the security, integrity or availability of our or another party’s products, systems and services;
- send you emails and other communications providing you with information and updates pertaining to our products and responding to inquiries, questions and/or other requests initiated by you;
- send you emails, newsletters, information and materials about DSP Concepts and our products;
- conduct market research about DSP Concepts customers and their interests, and the effectiveness of DSP Concepts marketing campaigns;
- act pursuant to your consent for a specific purpose not stated in this policy, such as posting your testimonial along with your name on our website; and
- aggregate, anonymize and analyze the information for the above stated purposes and for analyzing industry trends and sharing aggregated, anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, analytics and similar purposes
Sharing Your Personal Information
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers. We may share your information with vendors, consultants and other third-party service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to perform such work. Such parties are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide services to DSP Concepts and are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes. Third party service providers may include companies that provide:
- Hosting services;
- Billing or payment processing services;
- Customer support and engagement;
- Notification or communication services;
- Authentication services;
- Cyber security and anti-fraud services; and
- Analytics and assistance in the use, improvement or optimization of our website, products and product-related services
- Necessary or Authorized Disclosures. We may disclose your information to a third party:
- if we believe disclosure of such information is appropriate to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to implement, perform or enforce our agreements, terms of service or policies;
- to protect the security or integrity of our products and product-related services;
- to protect our or others’ rights, property and safety; or
- with your prior consent or instructions
- Business Transfers. Information that we collect or obtain from you is considered a business asset. If we merge with or are acquired by another company, or if all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, your information will likely be one of the assets that is disclosed during negotiations and transferred as part of the business transfer.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data. We may share and publish aggregated information that does not specifically identify you and is not linked to any of your personal information, such as statistical information about visitors to our website or statistical information about how customers use our products and product-related services.
- Blogs and Forums. The site may have publicly accessible blogs, user forums and other interactive forums. Any information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. You should use caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information in these areas of your website.
Your Rights and Choices
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with technical support or product-related sales support. You may update, correct or delete your information by accessing your DSP Concepts account and modifying your information, or by emailing us at [email@example.com]. You may deactivate your DSP Concepts account (subject to the terms of any agreement you may have with us) by emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Please note, however, that we will retain and use certain of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes such as resolving disputes or enforcing our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
We currently do not participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your information. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this may affect your ability to take full advantage of the availability and functionality of our website. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing Local Storage Objects, including HTML5 LSOs.
You may opt out of behaviorally targeted ads anytime by deleting your browser's cookies. In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising from some third-party partners by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, or the third-party provider’s websites. Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
Blogs and Forums
You may request removal of your personal information from our blogs and community forums by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have rights in relation to your personal data processed by DSP Concepts. You may exercise such rights by emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. The rights that you have, as an EU resident, in relation to your personal data processed by DSP Concepts include the following:
- Access. You may request access and review of personal data at any time. You can also request the following information:
- How we collect and use your information and why;
- The categories of personal data involved;
- How long we use or store your personal data; and
- The manner in which we determine relevant personal data retention periods
- Rectification. You may request that any incorrect personal data be corrected or otherwise rectified.
- Objection to Use; Erasure. In certain situations, you may object to the use or export of your personal data and request that we erase or stop using or exporting your personal data.
- Withdrawal of Consent. Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent. At any time, you can request that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Complaints. You may raise questions or lodge a formal complaint with your local EU supervisory authority if you have questions or a complaint about any processing of your personal data being conducted by us.
If you are a resident of California, you have rights in relation to your personal information processed by DSP Concepts. You may exercise such rights by emailing us at [email@example.com]. The rights that you have, as a California resident, in relation to your personal information processed by DSP Concepts include the following:
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information which may be stored, transmitted or otherwise processed on or by our website or products. Please be aware, however, that no security controls are 100% effective and no method of transmitting information over the internet or storing information is completely secure. Therefore, DSP Concepts cannot, and does not, ensure, guarantee or warrant the security of any information, including your personal information.
We will make any legally required disclosure of any breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your personal information. Such disclosure will be made without undue delay and as required by applicable data protection laws, consistent with the legitimate needs of law enforcement or any measures reasonably necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide your information to us, we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there. Your use of our website followed by your submission of any information represents your consent and agreement to that transfer.
If you are established in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you understand and acknowledge that DSP Concepts may transfer your information that is personal data outside of the EEA or Switzerland for processing. If such personal data is transferred from the EEA or Switzerland to other countries not deemed adequate under applicable data protection law, then DSP Concepts offers the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission in order to ensure adequate protection for such personal data in accordance with the requirements of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon your explicit written request, DSP Concepts will execute such Standard Contractual Clauses if necessary to meet the requirements of the GDPR.
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s online privacy. Our website and products are not designed for or marketed to children. We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from such individuals. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use our website, or send us any of your information. If we learn that we have collected information from an individual under 13 years of age, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible. Please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] if you believe we might have information from or about a person under 13 years of age.
Phone: [ ]
DSP Concepts, Inc.
3235 Kifer Road, Suite 100
San Clara, CA 95051